91.3 WLVR is the all day, every day NPR station for the Lehigh Valley. This is a broadcast service of Lehigh University, and Lehigh Valley Public Media shares the HD-2 signal with programming from students and community members.
WLVR is licensed in Bethlehem, PA to the Lehigh Valley Public Telecommunications Corporation in partnership with Lehigh University. Lehigh Valley Public Media is the home of public television station PBS39/WLVT and the television station WPPT, as well as the Lehigh Valley Reads and Battling Opioids initiatives. Lehigh Valley Public Media is the umbrella name for all our brands and initiatives. We are a 50-year-young non-profit located on the historical SteelStacks campus, 90 minutes from Manhattan, and 60 minutes from Philadelphia, in the rapidly-growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania.
A community that is inspired, engaged and vibrant.
WLVR acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
Our Core Values and Culture
At WLVR News, our culture is based on our core values. We believe in:
- We understand that we are greater than the sum of our parts and collaboration is key. We cannot operate in department silos. Our teams work together to create and build and we seek to be proactive rather than reactive.
- As stewards of the public trust, we believe in transparency, and always work with high integrity.
- Our teams are working for the greater good; We are in service to our communities and we have respect for the diversity of our community and colleagues.
- We strive to be the First, Best or Only in everything we do. We have a passion for excellence, hold ourselves to the highest standards, and work for continuous improvement.
- We provide our teams with interesting and fulfilling work in a fast-paced, challenging and boredom-free environment. We encourage creativity and innovation.
WLVR News Radio
839 Sesame St Bethlehem, PA 18015-1391
How to Pitch a Program
Lehigh Valley Public Media’s mission states that the organization “acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.”
Our newest service, WLVR-FM, will offer the area local, national and international news coverage. We also plan to create original content for the community.
If you have a program idea you’d like to pitch, please follow this procedure:
Submit a written proposal by filling out the form below. (Think of this as your elevator pitch.)
Keep in mind the mission of Lehigh Valley Public Media and how your program fits into the mission.
- What is the focus or point of the program?
- What are the core values of the program?
- Who is the program intended for?
- Who are the people on the program? Possible Host? Possible Guests?
- What are some sample topics to be included in the program?